21 June 2009

Oui, Gastronomy!

Huzzah! Why so excited? Well, following from my last post, I'm pleased to announce some good news. Tonight, I was one of those pretentious foodies. Tonight, I entered the world of fine dining (without my parents paying anyway) (although my cousin paid for me). It all happened because my cousin took me out for dinner to celebrate my graduation. As she is an amateur food blogger, I was more than happy to lend my even more amateur photography skills and take photos of the food.

Needless to say, we attracted a lot of attention, whipping out our cameras (mine being a big, black dSLR) at every new dish. It really is a phenomenon of our generation, as fellow diners admitted they thought they were the only ones who took photos of food in restaurants and were pleasantly surprised to see us snapping away too and then we had a good, congenial laugh together, basking in the pleasantness of fine food and common pastimes.

We went to a restaurant in Ripponlea called Attica. I think it has 2 chef's hats so it must be good! Well, it gives me pleasure to confirm that the food was unique and interesting; I especially like their signature dish, which is probably why it's their signature dish (I mean the fact that it's good, not the fact that I validate its worthiness). I am by no means a food critic so I shall end here and voila! My favourite photo of the night for your viewing pleasure (for more - head here and there)

Terroir

No comments:

Post a Comment