21 June 2009

Family Ties

Today, Mummy took me shopping for a suitable dress to wear to my cousin's wedding in the US. While I'm always happy to get new clothes, it's a very frustrating process finding that happy medium between what the elder thinks is beautiful and what you think is frumpy. 

Yes I'll admit, that gold dress I tried on did accentuate my figure, it was indeed classy and the right level of formal, yes I know the colour suited my skintone perfectly but hey, I just did not like it. Luckily, the store sold a cute skirt in the same 'family' but it was way more youthful! So maybe finding that happy medium wasn't too hard. This time, anyway. 

I won't be an ungrateful daughter and keep complaining. I am wondering how this trip will be, considering it's the first time all 5 members of my immediate family have been together in the same country for... nearly 2 years? I'm hoping it will be awesome, but I'll settle for civilised too. I am strangely bitter about my family situation, although it's not as bad as I think it is. I guess I just like thinking of things to be unhappy about, sometimes. Don't we all? 

I am excited about going to San Francisco, though. So excited that I made a list of what to do, and then I took a photo of that list! And posted on my blog!

Sinister...

1 comment:

  1. Take heaps of pics!! & I cant wait to see em! U're so lucky to be going on a holiday to the states! Perfect timing to get away from this cold weather here!

    ReplyDelete