13 June 2009

Chanel Musings

Found myself on the Chanel website today - I haven't been on there for a long time, since I got my little Chanel bag for my 21st birthday (which is nearly 2 years ago now! incroyable). I'm starting to feel this desire for an extravagant purchase although this time, I want to get something I'll use often, such as a wallet. Or I know if I find a more 'casual' looking small sized bag that can be worn across the shoulder, I'll get a lot of use out of that too, seeing as I've demolished 2 Chanel 'inspired' bags of that style over the last 3 years or so. 

I also spent a lot of time waiting for the new Chanel No.5 movie to load. I don't know if it's my lack of understanding or are videos embedded in those java-y time websites incredibly inconvenient? Usually if you load a video, then you can replay it without waiting for it to buffer, but this time I had to wait for it to reload, which took several, SEveral minutes of my life. Anyway, Audrey Tatou is lovely - the word "gamine" always comes to mind. I (and the rest of the world really) have always admired women like her and by that I mean Audrey Hepburn. They're so petite. It's not the fact that they're thin, but the way their bodies are composed such that the angles they make are so endearing and sophisticated. For example, if Audrey Hepburn bent at her elbow and flicked her wrist, it looks effortless and right somehow. For a mere mortal like myself, my arm kind of looks exactly like a chicken wing. Just uninspiring.

Anyway, having said that, I have to admit that Audrey Tatou is a little TOO wide eyed for me at times (omg I JUST realised they have the same first name. Makes me realise how much I think of celebrities with their full names). But watching her behind the scenes interview, I absolutely love her french. In year 12, when I was actually pretty good at school french, I found it frustrating that I couldn't really actually understand reality french. But Audrey Tatou's french is exactly like those voices on aural cassette tapes we used for listening tests, not only in pronunciation but in grammar. So easy to understand. Love it. 

Lastly, it amazes me how people who have clearly excelled in their particular field can remain so humble. I'm so ordinary that if I achieved even one hundreth of what these people have experienced I'd definitely think I was all that and a potato chip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment