14 June 2009

Gastronomy?

I am so sick of people going to amazing restaurants especially now that Melbourne is apparently the culinary centre of the universe. I hate it when people take photos of food and post them on facebook and comment on the 'flavours' and 'textures' because the food being dreamt up these days are just the weirdest combinations of ingredients you could ever imagine, I'm not sure how normal restaurant goers could actually appreciate it. And people who constantly bake wonderful, sweet, beautiful desserts annoy me to no end, even more so when I end up going back for seconds.

So why do I want to be one of them? I want to taste something strange and different, savour something elegant and sophisticated. I want to appreciate unique flavours and stop touting "chips" as my favourite food. I want to be able to whip up complex dishes in my spare time with my eyes closed, as a domestic goddess should. 

Let me be a pretentious foodie too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment