12 July 2009

Melbourne Aquarium

I don't think I appreciated going to places like the Zoo or ScienceWorks when I was younger. My memory of such family outings or school excursions is that they were yehh ok, but pretty tedious too. 

Well, after visiting the Exploratorium in San Francisco and the Melbourne Aquarium today, I've realised they are indeed interesting, educational and fun as well! Unfortunately, now that I'm old enough to appreciate it, it's also become apparent that these places really are geared towards children, after finding a few exhibits that I am now physically too big to partake in. Also, people would look at me funny if I did. 

I'm going to have to post more than one photo today, there were just too many to choose from!

Lovebirds

Nemo fish - it was much smaller than I expected. Fish photography is actually quite difficult - they are usually swimming around, they don't respond to you at all, you're separated by glass and water which can warp the image and the tanks are either dark or lit unnaturally, usually blue

Dinner

Jellies. I now understand why other sea animals would mistake plastic bags for food. Don't litter, people!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, some of these photos look absolutely wonderful! So picturesque! I haven't been to the Melbourne Aquarium yet, looking at this, I SOOO want to go there this week before uni starts~! Ohoh, apparently its free for uni students to go to scienceworks too! =D. So there shouldnt be any excuse for us anymore!

    ReplyDelete